Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches v3.1
The Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.1 self-paced course shows you how to implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco® MDS 9000 Series Switches, to build highly available, scalable storage networks. Through expert instruction and extensive hands-on practice, you will learn how to deploy and use capabilities such as Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSANs), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV) fabric security, zoning, automation with NX-API, Slow Drain Analysis, SAN analytics, Fibre Channel over TCP/IP (FCIP) tunnels, and more. You will learn how to configure and implement platform features and learn troubleshooting techniques pertaining to Fibre Channel (FC) domains, firmware upgrades, zones, and zone mergers.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Discover and describe the Cisco Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) platform of multilayer switches and directors. Describe the MDS hardware, NX-OS operating system, Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) management software, and key architectures of the platform, such as FC and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Describe key product features of the MDS platform, including VSANs, RBAC, NPV, port channels, zoning, device aliases, inter-VSAN routing (IVR), and fabric security
- Describe and implement state-of-the-art product features, including NX-API, slow-drain analysis, SAN Analytics and 32-GB Fibre Channel interfaces
- Configure and implement the Cisco MDS switches and platform features, such as initial configuration, building a fabric, building a SAN extension, and configuring inter-VSAN routing for that purpose
- Configure FCIP tunnels
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot FC domains, zones and zone merges, and switch boot and firmware upgrades
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Implementing Cisco Storage Area Networking (300-625 DCSAN), which leads to CCNP Data Center® and the Certified Specialist - Data Center SAN Implementation certifications.
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
|$1,500.00 for 1 year of access|