Is Cisco's Digital e-Learning Right for You? (Part 1 of 2)
Cisco’s Digital e-Learning Library
This blog post is Part 1 of 2.
In this post we will discuss Cisco’s Digital e-Learning Library and see if this is right for you.
Tomorrow, we will list the classes and certifications that are included in the library.
Make sure you subscribe to NterOne’s blog, so you can be the 1st to be notified of all our blog posts by Clicking Here.
Is this you?
We all agree that training is critical to staying on top of the rapidly changing technology environment in addition to adding to our job security and future promotability.
Whether it be Blockchain, implementation of the Cloud, Collaboration, Cyber Ops, Data Center, IoT, Routing and Switching, Security, Service Provider or Wireless we are seeing technology rapidly change all around us. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that
“Employment of computer and information technology occupations is projected to grow 13 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. These occupations are projected to add about 557,100 new jobs. Demand for these workers will stem from greater emphasis on cloud computing, the collection and storage of big data, and information security.” (Source: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm as viewed on 3/4/19)
However, when it comes to attending training, we have many obstacles in our way such as:
- Time – Sometimes getting a week off from work for training is just not possible.
- Cost of Training – Training can be expensive.
- Travel Hassles – The thought of going to the airport, going through security, flight delays and cancellations, etc. makes us cringe.
- Family Obligations – Whether it is your son’s football game, your daughter’s band concert or the family vacation – you need to be there.
- Drinking Out of a Fire Hose – Depending on your learning style, 5 days of 8 – 10 hours a day of training may be too much for you to absorb.
I could go on and on with the reasons why we put off training, some legit while others are excuses, which in the long run leaves us behind technologically and hurts our future employment prospects.
The Solution – Cisco’s Digital e-Learning Library
Now there’s an easy, effective way for you to get the Cisco training you need via Cisco’s Digital e-Learning Library. These multi-modal training courses include:
- Cisco Authorized Training – Not grey market training.
- HD Instructor Video
- Searchable Transcript and Subtitles
- A Complete Student Guide Textbook
- Multiple Learning Techniques So You Learn the Way That Works Best for You
So, how does this help you?
- Time – You can train on your schedule, when you have the time, vs. a predefined class schedule. Anytime – Anywhere
- Start Today – You do not have to wait for the training class to start.
- 365 Days of Access – learn at your pace.
- Cost of Training – Cisco’s Digital e-Learning is about 1/3rd the cost of traditional training.
- Cisco Learning Credits can be used to pay for training.
- Travel Hassles – There are none – you can complete the training anywhere you have connectivity to the Internet.
- Family Obligations – No issues here since you can complete the training when it does not interfere with spending time with your family.
- Drinking Out of a Fire Hose – Cisco’s Digital e-Learning is broken up into small chunks, so you digest the information at your speed. If you need to re-watch a section, no problem. Train at your own pace!!!!
Anytime – Anywhere
With the Cisco Digital e-Learning Library, you can learn from your desktop or laptop, through a single, integrated browser window. An instructor provides context at the beginning of each section, using a white board, video and animations. Since learning is modular and the course material is divided up into small sections, you can learn whenever you have an extra few minutes.
What is the format of the training?
The Cisco Digital e-Learning Library includes:
- Discovery Labs which introduce new concepts by giving you interactive, hands-on assignments.
- Graded Challenge Assessments at the end of every section offer you feedback on what you have learned and allow you to go back and review areas as often as you like.
- Hints and Guidance are available for support as needed.
- A Dashboard that provides analytics, so you can monitor your individual progress, to easily track skills mastery.
- Cisco’s Expertise with years of unmatched learning and certification experience.
You also get:
- HD Topic Instructor-Led Videos including slides and a whiteboard to illustrate important fundamentals from a specific topic or subtopic.
- Searchable Documents which let you search through all the instruction guides and transcripts of the videos.
- Full Student Guide Textbook
- Hands-On Learning
- Lab Recordings which let you see how other students performed in labs, to improve your learning.
- Labs-at-a-Glance showing you your completed and incomplete labs, so you can track progress and make improvement.
- Compatibility with Tablets so you can learn wherever you go, with your progress saved for you.
- Integrated providing everything in one place; no multiple systems to log into.
- Synchronized Learning on Multiple Devices so you can switch between a laptop and a tablet without losing your place.
- Gamification with achievement badges and medals awarded for mastering content and study techniques.
- Bookmarking which lets you flag and add notes to important concepts or areas you want to review.
- A Glossary that can be easily browsed, with important terms highlighted.
- Social Media Links so you can share your progress on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Certificate of Completion awarded when you finish each course.
Cisco provides e-learning for every requirement, from individual courses to technology certification track offerings. Also, since Cisco created the technical certification tracks and has years of experience and expertise in interactive learning, they have combined everything they know that works into these offerings. Give yourself the comprehensive, convenient training you want and need with the Cisco Digital e-Learning Library.
To get started, contact your NterOne Sales Rep or email Sales@NterOne.com and tell them “Bob the Training Guy” sent you.
Come back for tomorrow’s post where we will list the certifications and product classes that are available through the Cisco Digital e-Learning Library.
Make sure you subscribe to NterOne’s blog so you can be the 1st to be notified of all our blog posts by Clicking Here.
©2019 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and /or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. To view a list of Cisco trademarks, go to this URL: www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (1110 R)
©2019 NterOne. All rights reserved.