Programming for Network Engineers v1.0
Learn how you can manage a network more efficiently with Network Programmability and develop Python programming fundamental skills.
Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) v1.0 self-paced course is designed to be of immediate value to Network Engineers looking to use Network Programming to simplify or automate their tasks. It covers the fundamentals of Python programming within the context of performing functions relevant to network engineers.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe use cases and examples of the value of network programmability
- Acquire a full complement of Python programming skills — basics, data structures, control structures, comparison operators, input and output, structured programming, object-oriented programming, etc.
- Use Python to communicate to individual network devices, using examples of real networking communication and operations
- Use Python to communicate to multiple devices
- Use Object-Oriented Programming within Python to abstract network devices
- Use databases within a network-based application to store information about the network
- Use test methodologies to create quality applications
- Leverage software available via open source and existing libraries e.g. Cisco GitHub, Cisco DevNet, Python general-purpose and Cisco-specific libraries, NX-API
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
|$500.00 for 1 year of access|