Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure v6.2
Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (DCID) v6.2 E-Learning course is about designing data centers with Cisco components and technologies. The course covers network designs with virtualization, Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies, routing protocols, and data center interconnect design options. Also covered are device virtualization technologies such as virtual data centers and network function virtualization with virtual appliances including virtual switches, virtual routers, and virtual firewalls. Storage and SAN design is covered, with explanation of Fibre Channel networks and Cisco Unified Fabric. Design practices for the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) solution based on Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series servers and Cisco UCS Manager are also covered. Network management technologies include UCS Manager, Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager, and Cisco UCS Director.
- Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 forwarding in a data center, including cabling and rack design for the access, aggregation, and core layers
- Design vPC, Cisco FabricPath, OTV, and LISP in customer scenarios and describe management options in the LAN
- Hardware virtualization and FEX technologies
- Compare the Cisco Nexus 1000v with VMFEX designs
- Data center security threats and Cisco Virtual Application Container Services for IaaS
- Management and automation options for the data center infrastructure
- Storage and RAID options
- Fibre Channel and its architecture
- Design Fibre Channel and FCoE networks along with management options
- Cisco UCS C-Series, M-Series
- Cisco B-Series servers with connectivity and adapter options
- Design the resource parameters for a UCS domain
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
|$1,500.00 for 1 year of access|