Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall v1.0
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall v1.0 introduces the student to the basic next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) and next-generation firewall (NGFW) security concepts. The course then leads you through the Cisco Firepower system. Among other powerful features, you become familiar with:
- Firepower Threat Defense configuration
- In-depth event analysis
- NGIPS tuning and configuration
You also become familiar with the latest platform features: file and malware inspection, security intelligence, domain awareness, and more.
The course begins by introducing the system architecture, the latest major features, and the role of policies in implementing the solution. You learn how to deploy and manage Cisco Firepower Threat Defense devices and perform basic Cisco Firepower discovery. You learn how to use and configure Threat Defense technology, including application control, security intelligence, NGFW, NGIPS, and network-based malware and file controls. Also, you learn how to take advantage of powerful tools, so you can perform more efficient event analysis, including the detection of file types and network-based malware. And you’ll learn how to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence. The course concludes with system and user administration tasks and Threat Defense system troubleshooting. This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs that give you practice in deploying and managing the Cisco Firepower system.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense system and key concepts of NGIPS and NGFW technology
- Describe how to perform the configurations tasks required for implementing a Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device
- Describe how to implement quality of service (QoS) and Network Address Translation (NAT) by using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Perform an initial network discovery using Cisco Firepower to identify hosts, applications, and services
- Identify and create the objects required as prerequisites to implementing access control policies
- Describe the behavior, usage, and implementation procedure for access control policies
- Describe the concepts and implementation procedure of security intelligence features
- Describe Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks and the implementation procedure of file control and advanced malware protection
- Implement and manage intrusion policies
- Explain the use of network analysis policies and the role of preprocessor technology in processing network traffic for NGIPS inspection
- Describe and demonstrate the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco Firepower Management Center
- Describe key Cisco Firepower Management Center system administration and user account management features
- Describe the processes that can be used to troubleshoot Cisco Firepower Threat Defense systems
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
|$1,000.00 for 1 year of access|